BOS CHALLENGE WEEKENDS/BOS FLY-IN:
REWARDS FOR COACHES
What we can offer on BOS Challenge Weekends and Fly-in for those with a Club Pilot rating, will ultimately depend on us being able to encourage some BHPA Club Coaches to support these events.
If you know of coaches who might be able to help, especially if they are local to the areas where we are holding the events, please tell them about these events and ask them to contact us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the BOS23 Expression of Interest Form.
To show our appreciation of volunteer coaches, they will be given:
- An agreed gratuity towards expenses - level to be agreed once a better estimate of numbers is known
- Some beers at the Saturday night campsite social gathering
- The same ‘freebies’ as BOS Competition entrants (e.g. T-shirt/Umbrella)
- Free entry to the BOS Championship for the remaining BOS days
- Free Tuesday Evening BOS Meal/Sunday Evening Fly-in Meal
While the BOS Competitions run from Saturday to Wednesday, the BOS Challenge will only run on Saturday and Sunday.
While we do not think we have the capacity to provide support on any additional days, BOS Challenge entrants, with enough experience, are welcome to stay on for the remaining days to free fly, with the approval of the Meet Director, if the conditions and the competition sites are suitable.
Alternatively, they may wish to stay on to support the competitors as a retrieve driver for example.