Dear Hang-gliding Enthusiasts,
This weekend we held the annual British Hang-gliding Competition Panel meeting. This is where decisions are made regarding the next year's competitions, team selection etc.
The panel has several official positions, which have now been filled as follows:
- Chair: Darren Brown
- Vice Chair: Kev Gay
- Secretary: Simon White
- Treasurer: Steve Penfold
The British team for the 2022 European Championships was also selected:
- Grant Crossingham
- Gordon Rigg
- Andy Hollidge
- Carl Wallbank
- Dave Matthews
- Steve Penfold
- Darren Brown
- Steve Blackler
- Malcolm Brown
Additionally we decided what competitions we intend to hold in 2022 and set dates / locations. Please note all this information is PROVISIONAL and is based upon obtaining the relevant permissions and ensuring the necessary organisation is available and in place. I am posting this in order to keep you informed but be aware some of this information (including dates) could change. The panel are now working on putting everything in place in order that we can officially finalise and publish the dates and locations.
British National Championships:
- Local Organiser: Ollie Moffatt
- Location: Laragne, France
- Dates: Sunday 7th August to Saturday 13th August 2022
- The competition is aimed at backing directly onto the French Nationals, which will be held in Aspres, France from 31st July to 6th August 2021. This will give pilots the opportunity to enter both competitions.
British Open Series Round 1:
- Local Organiser: Kev Gay
- Location: Yorkshire Dales
- Dates: Sunday 29th May to Saturday 4th June 2022.
British Open Series Round 2:
- Local Organiser: Jon Sacre
- Location: Builth Wells, Wales
- Dates: Sunday 4th September to Saturday 10th September 2022.
As new chair, I would like to thank all the panel members for their support and efforts over this weekend and in particular to the new panel members, Gordon, Ollie and Nick, who injected new ideas and enthusiasm.
We will keep you informed of any new developments and confirm dates/locations for the competitions as soon as we are able.
British Hang-gliding Competition Panel